● All applicants must have a U.S. bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from an accredited institution.
● The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General test is required for certain programs:
- Biochemistry, Biophysics, and Structural Biology
- Computational and Systems Biology
Scores must be from tests taken in the last five years.
The Subject test is not required.
The following programs do not require the GRE:
- Molecular Genetics and Genomics
- Molecular Cell Biology
- Developmental, Regenerative, and Stem Cell Biology
The GRE is optional for the following programs:
- Evolution, Ecology, and Population Biology
- Human and Statistical Genetics
- Molecular Microbiology and Microbial Pathogenesis
- Plant and Microbial Biosciences
● Applicants whose native language is not English are required to provide an official score report from ETS for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Applicants who have earned an undergraduate or graduate degree from an institution where the language of instruction is English are exempt from submitting a TOEFL score report.
● The application consists of:
Three letters of recommendation
GRE (if required)
TOEFL (if applicable)
Two essays and a 10-word research description
Listing of Major coursework
Publication list (if any)
● The application deadline for the entering class of 2019 will be December 1, 2018 11:59 P.M. Pacific Standard Time.
● The application can be found online here.