The Gateway to the West is a thriving metropolitan area of 2.8 million people that retains the friendly character of the Midwest. The fun and culture of a big city are readily available, but living here is easy and affordable.
With world-class attractions many of them free and a rich cultural history, there’s always something to do in St. Louis. Some of our favorite things include:
- Watching local professional sports teams: the Cardinals (MLB) and Blues (NHL)
- Visiting beautiful Forest Park, home to the St. Louis Zoo, St. Louis Art Museum, and Missouri History Museum (all free)
- Letting imagination run wild in City Museum
- Watching the breathtaking view of St. Louis from the top of the Gateway Arch
- Exploring the 110 miles of biking/walking greenways in the area
- Checking out the award-winning food and craft beer scene
Find out what our students love about living in St. Louis here.
- “You’re Going Where?" - Monthly series from The Washington Post highlighting the best vacation destinations
- “25 U.S. Cities That Millennials Can Afford — and Actually Want to Live In” - The Penny Hoarder
- “Fastest Growing Startup Cities” - Business Insider
- “Seven Cities With Hidden Cultural Gems” - Huffington Post
- “25 Best Cities for Jobs 2018” - Glassdoor
- “Best City Park” (Forest Park) - USA Today
- “St. Louis Zoo: Best Free Attraction in the US” - USA Today